My Resolutions


*Improve my Vital Stats
*Rediscover Him
*Improve Relations
*Be Meticulous
*Communicate Well
*Be a great Motivator-Mentor

Next Upcoming Race...

Newton Run

10 October 2010

Sentosa

30km run

2nd Race complete!



I just did my second attempt on my Singapore Biathlon this morning and it went great! Even after 3 weeks of hiatus from exercise. Alhamdulillah... Based on my own watch which i started right after the airhorn,


Swim lap: 39mins approx

Total Time: 1hr 36min approx

So that makes my run about 96-39 = 57mins


Which makes me damn happy especially for the swim lap! I shaved about 10mins of my previous timing!! So the Ch'i swimming i practised worked damn well... hehehe. It was damn tempting though to power and flutter hard when i want to punch forward but i kept reminding myself the race is still long and i have to keep my head.

This year too, as contrast to last year, when i wasn't as confident in swimming, i ran to the sea and swam freestyle right from the start and pushing forward to the faster part of the pack. I wasn't afraid to jostle for space and to fight in between bodies. I didn't use my legs much except for my two-beat kicks and was able to practise sighting techniques which FB shared with me. 

When i emerged out of the water for the transition, i felt fresh and warmed up! Last year, i cramped up, maybe because i used too much of my legs to power forward using breast-stroke.

The run was relatively easy and smooth. It was lucky the weather was more forgiving compared to the other days these weeks. It was quite shady and there were trees to shade the way. There was even mist-fans along the way when there was no shade!

When i reached the end, there was a few colleagues waiting to cheer me on at the back..I feel good!

And there was it.... 2nd finishers' medal of the year down! Well done Fazli too! I think this year has been a down year for both of us in terms of fitness but we made it.... we'll torture ourselves again next year. Hahahaha....



May Allah guide us all..bless us with happiness and health n protect us from the dangers of this world, physically or mentally. Help us become successful people in the world and after...